HOW IT WORKS
Order Test Kit
Think you may be suffering from Lyme Disease? You can order a test kit below. Your kit will be sent within 2 business days with everything you need to start the process of determining if you have Lyme Disease.
Complete Paperwork with Your Doctor
Take the included requisition form and kit to your doctor and complete the paperwork with him/her. The form will determine what tests we need to conduct when we receive your sample. Carefully read the instructions and make sure all billing information is completed.
Take Kit to Blood Draw Site
Take your kit and paperwork to a blood draw site. This can sometimes be your doctor’s office, a blood testing lab, etc. Once your sample is collected, the blood draw site will need to send the kit and all paperwork to our lab. A pre-paid return FedEx pack is included in the kit.
Once we receive your kit, we will conduct the appropriate tests as requested on the paperwork. Completed test results will be sent directly to your physician within 5-7 business days of us receiving the kit. You can then schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss the test results, diagnosis, and treatment.
An Affordable Lyme Disease Test That Works!
Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease is a core issue. In addition to inaccurate current standard diagnostic tests, the disease can masquerade as many things – juvenile arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis and a host of other maladies.
Global Lyme Diagnostics has developed a breakthrough diagnostic solution specific to Lyme Disease and grounded in science. The GLD test, developed by Dr. Richard T. Marconi (a Professor in the School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center), is designed to significantly decrease the number of patients being misdiagnosed.
The GLD test is designed for:
- Anyone who has symptoms of Lyme disease, or has been bitten by tick and wants to get tested with the new GLD test (note: if you feel sick we encourage you to visit your doctor)
- Anyone who is outdoors a lot, works outdoors, play outdoors, camps, hikes, hunts, kids who are in summer camps, camp counselors or anyone that simply likes gardening and being outdoors. You can wait to have symptoms and try to find a doctor to test them, or you can screen yourself and your family for Lyme disease and have peace of mind this summer!
If you are interested in more information or want to request a kit please email us at email@example.com or fill out the request form below.
The GLD, Lyme specific, test is designed to address the shortcomings of current tests. Two of the key reasons for high number of false negatives from other tests on the market are:
- Most tests only show positives for borellia burgdoferi. However, the species and strains of borrelia across North America is much more diverse than that resulting in many false negatives. Some companies offer panels that tests for multiple strains by running multiple tests. However, many people find it difficult to afford such expensive panels.
- Antigens used in diagnostic assay for most tests target antibodies that are not created for 3-6 weeks. Many false negatives result from patients presenting too early in their infection.
How does the GLD screen reduce false negatives?
- Our test uses novel chimeritope (chimeric proteins) technology. The GLD chimeritope was sequenced by Dr. Marconi to be used as a vaccinogen or as diagnostic antigens. Each chimeritope is derived from multiple diverse outer surface C protein (OsPC) variants, strains and species of borrelia. It is this diversity of targets that allows for reduced false negatives in the GLD Test.
- It is also important to note the outer surface proteins on borrelia spirochetes get regulated to OsPC at the blood meal and the resulting antibodies to OsPC are created earlier in the infection. Which also results in fewer false negatives. However, that doesn’t mean the GLD test is only for early detection, it can be used to diagnose any suspected Lyme infections.
Research Focused On Decreasing The Large Number of False Negatives in Current Tests
Misdiagnosis is a core issue, as Lyme Disease can masquerade as many things – juvenile arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis and a host of other maladies. Global Lyme Diagnostics hopes to change that with a focused solution that works.
In summary, Dr. Marconi’s research has led to this novel breakthrough called chimeritopes which increase sensitivity by eliminating proteins that are not relevant to a Lyme infection (non-OsPC targets) and can further reduce false negatives by targeting Lyme causing bacteria variants across the North American spectrum. ALL DONE IN ONE TEST MAKING IT AN AFFORDABLE SOLUTION FOR A BETTER, MORE DIVERSE SCREEN.
Request a GLD Test for Screening
The GLD Test is not yet available in NY and PA.
Please visit the Resources Page to use our Lab Locator tool and find a convenient Phlebotomy Lab near you. Below are additional documents for your review. These documents will also be included in the kit you receive.