HOW IT WORKS
Order Test Kit
Think you may be suffering from Lyme Disease? You can order a test kit below. Your kit will be sent within 2 business days with everything you need to start the process of determining if you have Lyme Disease.
Complete Paperwork with Your Doctor
Take the included requisition form and kit to your doctor and complete the paperwork with him/her. The form will determine what tests we need to conduct when we receive your sample. Carefully read the instructions and make sure all billing information is completed.
Take Kit to Blood Draw Site
Take your kit and paperwork to a blood draw site. This can sometimes be your doctor’s office, a blood testing lab, etc. Once your sample is collected, the blood draw site will need to send the kit and all paperwork to our lab. A pre-paid return FedEx pack is included in the kit.
Once we receive your kit, we will conduct the appropriate tests as requested on the paperwork. Completed test results will be sent directly to your physician within 5-7 business days of us receiving the kit. You can then schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss the test results, diagnosis, and treatment.
An Affordable Lyme Disease Test That Works!
Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease is a core issue. In addition to inaccurate current standard diagnostic tests, the disease can masquerade as many things – juvenile arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis and a host of other maladies.
Global Lyme Diagnostics has developed a breakthrough diagnostic solution specific to Lyme Disease and grounded in science. The GLD test, developed by Dr. Richard T. Marconi (a Professor in the School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center), is designed to significantly decrease the number of patients being misdiagnosed.
The GLD test is designed for:
- Anyone who has symptoms of Lyme disease, or has been bitten by tick and wants to get tested with the new GLD test (note: if you feel sick we encourage you to visit your doctor)
- Anyone who is outdoors a lot, works outdoors, play outdoors, camps, hikes, hunts, kids who are in summer camps, camp counselors or anyone that simply likes gardening and being outdoors. You can wait to have symptoms and try to find a doctor to test them, or you can screen yourself and your family for Lyme disease and have peace of mind this summer!
If you are interested in more information or want to request a kit please email us at email@example.com or fill out the request form below.
We believe some of the key reasons for high number of false negatives from current diagnostics is due to:
- The current testing is limited to very small number of North American strains of borrelia. Anyone infected with a strain not being tested will result in a false negative.
- Focusing on the wrong surface proteins of borrelia in the assay. Many tests look for proteins that show borrelia is present, not just for proteins that cause Lyme infection.
The GLD, Lyme specific, test is designed to:
- Screen for multiple variants and species of Lyme disease causing bacteria in one affordable test!
- Proteins used in GLD Test ONLY include immunologically relevant linear epitopes of multiple Lyme causing borrelia variants. GLD screens for surface proteins that actually cause Lyme infection.
The GLD test uses novel chimeritope (chimeric proteins) technology. Our chimeritope was sequenced by Dr. Marconi to use as vaccinogens or as diagnostic antigens. Each chimeritope is derived from multiple diverse outer surface C protein (OsPC) variants, strains and species of borrelia. It is this diversity of targets that allows for reduced false negatives in the GLD Test and what sets us apart from current tests!
Pricing for Screening
Our pricing model is simple and affordable. Our price includes our kits sent via FedEx to you, the kit itself, pre-paid FedEx overnight return envelope, results from our test and results from a competitor’s test. Our price does not include any lab blood draw costs or any physician visit costs you might incur.
Every time we run the GLD Test not only do we provide you with results of our highly sensitive test, we also provide results from the standard ELISA or C6 Peptide test. We provide this secondary test at no additional cost.
|Lyme Screen – includes new GLD Test (IgG and IgM) for Lyme. Also includes results from ELISA or C6 Peptide test (IgG and IgM)||$195|
|Family of 2 or more requesting Lyme Screen at the same time||$175/family member|
Request a GLD Test for Screening
The GLD Test is not yet available in NY and PA.
Please visit the Resources Page to use our Lab Locator tool and find a convenient Phlebotomy Lab near you. Below are additional documents for your review. These documents will also be included in the kit you receive.